Nose bleeding is common in adults and children between the age 3 to 10. Nose bleeding means simply bleeding from blood vessels in the nose. The medical term for nose bleeding is epistaxis.
There are two kinds of nose bleeds. They are
- Anterior nose bleeds- This nose bleed occurs when the blood vessels in the front of the nose break and bleed.
- posterior nosebleed- this nose bleed occurs in the back or the deepest part of the nose.
Causes Of Nose Bleeds:
The sudden and infrequent nose bleeds is very scary and rarely serious. The frequent nose bleed is not a serious problem.
There are many causes for nose bleeds. Dry air is a major cause of a nose bleed. Other common causes of nose bleed are:
- A foreign object stuck in the nose
- chemical irritants
- allergic reaction
- injury to the nose
- repeated sneezing
- picking the nose
- cold air
- upper respiratory infection
- large doses of aspirin
- high blood pressure
- bleeding disorder
- blood clotting disorder
Natural Home Remedies For Nose Bleeding:
The natural and common home remedies for nose bleeding are:
1. Pinch the Nose:
Pinching the nose is one of common remedy for a nose bleed. Pinching the nose during the bleed sends the pressure to the bleeding point in the nasal septum. This helps in stopping bleed from the nose. Pinch the soft part of the nose and breathe through your mouth.
2. Cold Compress:
Cold temperature causes the blood vessels to constrict faster and slows down the blood flow of nose. Apply the ice pack to the bridge part of your nose. This helps in the stop bleeding from the nose.
3. Apple Ciper Vinegar:
Apple Ciper vinegar stops nose bleeding quickly. This Apple Ciper Vinegar protects the body from heavy blood loss and also helps to heal up the broken blood vessels quickly.
Onion is extremely active in stopping of nose bleeding. Onion is an excellent clotting agent for blood clotting.
- Cut 1 onion into thick slices. Press 1 slice under your nose and inhale the fumes.
5. Saline water:
Dryness of the nasal membranes during the winter season is one of the major causes of nosebleeds.
- Add little amount of salt to 1/2 cup of water. Put a few drops of this saline water into your nose.