Natural methods to get rid of Dandruff
Dandruff is a common scalp. Seborrheic dermatitis is another name of Dandruff. The dandruff problem can be social embarrassing. It is a form of skin inflammation.
The Common cause of Dandruff are dry skin, seborrheic dermatitis, not cleaning/scrubbing often enough, shampooing too often, psoriasis, eczema, yeast like fungus and even with a sensitivity of hair products.
Internal and external causes of dandruff.
- Hormonal imbalance
- Poor health
- Poor hygiene
- Allergic hypersensitivity
- Improper nutrition
- Heredity predisposition
- Excessive uses of hair sprays and gels
- Improper using of hair-coloring products.
- Cold weather and dry indoor heating
- Stress & anxiety
- Infrequent shampooing and inadequate rinsing of the scalp.
Symptoms of complications:
- Red or scaly scalp
- White flakes of dead skin in the hair and on the shoulder.
- Yellowish or reddish scaling can appear on the hairline.
Side effects of Dandruff:
- Hair fall
Natural remedies to treat for dandruff are
1. Vinegar: Vinegar helps in treating itchy, dry skin and acetic acid present in vinegar also help to kill dandruff-causing fungus and bacteria. Vinegar helps to remove dead skin cells from the scalp which causes dandruff. Vinegar also helps to maintain healthy scalp and hair with proper blood circulation.
Massage your scalp with vinegar by closing your eyes for few minutes and wash the hair. Wash the hair with tea tree oil based shampoo, repeat the process daily until dandruff goes away.
Stir 2 cups of vinegar with Banana and make it like a paste and massage gently for 5 to 10 minutes. Rinse the hair after 30 minutes. repeat the process weekly until dandruff goes away.
2. Baking Soda: Baking soda, along with its exfoliation and anti-fungal properties, also soothes the scalp and reduces redness and itching.
Make a paste with Baking soda and apple cider vinegar and apply it on scalp and massage gentle for 5 to 10 minutes. Rinse the hair and repeat the process daily until dandruff goes away.
Lightly warm up the olive oil and add it to the egg yolk. Add the baking soda powder and mix well. Apply this to the scalp and rinse with lukewarm water first and then with cool water after 20 to 25 minutes.
3. Neem: Neem extract plays in almost all skin medications because of its antibacterial and antifungal qualities.
Apply a little amount of neem oil to your scalp and dry it off with a clean towel. Dry your hair before and after the process.
Apply apple cider vinegar to your scalp after washing hair properly. leave it for 2 minutes and rinse and partially dry it. After that apply little amount of neem oil to scalp and dry it off with clean towel.
4. Garlic: Garlic is immensely beneficial for its anti-fungal natural.
Add a tablespoon of honey to crushed garlic cloves (crush 5 cloves of garlic at remaining it aside from some time). Blend it to a smooth paste and apply to your scalp and massage with your fingers for 2 minutes. After 20 minutes rinse the scalp with mild shampoo.
Mix 1 tbsp of lemon juice to 2 tbsp of garlic. Apply paste to the scalp and rinse it after 20 to 30 minutes with shampoo.
In the following video, you can see some home remedies to remove dandruff