What Is Asthma?
Asthma is a condition characterized by difficulty breathing and narrowing of the airways leading to the lungs. Asthma is a type of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and is also related to allergies, whether seasonal, environmental or food-related. A characteristic of asthma is that symptoms tend to occur suddenly in response to stimuli that irritate the immune system and air passageways, which is described as having asthma “attack.”
Symptoms Of Asthma
The most common asthma symptoms are
- Shortness of breath
- Chest tightness or pain
- Trouble sleeping caused by shortness of breath, coughing or wheezing
- A whistling or wheezing sound when exhaling
Home Remedies For Asthma
The home remedies for asthma are as follows
Ginger is a well-known natural treatment for various ailments including asthma.
- Make a juice with equal quantities of ginger, pomegranate, and honey. Consume it 2-3 times a day for effective results.
The nutritional properties of figs promote respiratory health and help drain phlegm and alleviate breathing difficulties.
- Soak 3-4 dry figs after cleaning them properly in warm water overnight. Early morning drink that soaked figs water and eats the figs.
People with asthma often have low levels of vitamin C. Lemons are rich in this vitamins and antioxidants that can help reduce asthma symptoms.
- Dilute the juice of 1 lemon in 1 glass water. Drink this mixture during meals.
The following garlic remedy can help clear congestion in your lungs during the early stages of asthma.
- Take 10 cloves and boil them in 30ml milk. Cool that milk to room temperature and then drink it.
5. Drumstick Leaves
The drumstick leaves are an effective herbal remedy for an asthma condition.
- Take a bunch of drumsticks leaves and add these in 180ml of water. Boil for 5 minutes. Let it cool and add pepper and lemon juice.
Caffeine present in coffee helps asthma. Besides, it clears your air passage and makes way for air to enter and exit easily through those passages.
- But try not to drink more than three cups of black coffee in a day. If you do not like coffee, you can opt for a cup of hot black tea.
Honey is one of the oldest natural cures for asthma. Honey effectively reduces the accumulated mucous lining.
- Sip a hot water mix with one teaspoon of honey before going to bed.
8. Eucalyptus Oil
Eucalyptus essential oil can really lend a hand in keeping asthma at bay and relieving from the existing one.
- Just put a few drops of eucalyptus oil on a paper towel and keep it by your head when sleeping so that you breathe in the aroma.