Obesity may Kill you
Obesity is a condition where a person has accumulated so much body fat that it might have a negative effect on their health. It is different from being overweight, The weight may come from muscle, bone, fat, and/or body water. Both terms mean that a person’s weight is greater than what’s considered healthy for his or her height. Obesity is preventable
According to WHO.: In 2014, more than 1.9 billion adults, 18 years and older, were overweight. Of these over 600 million were obese. and also 39% of adults aged 18 years and over were overweight in 2014, and 13% were obese. Most of the world’s population live in countries where overweight and obesity kills more people than underweight.41 million children under the age of 5 were overweight or obese in 2014
Obesity is one of the leading preventable causes of death worldwide. A number of reviews have found that mortality risk is lowest at a BMI of 20–25 kg/m2 in non-smokers and at 24–27 kg/m2 in current smokers, with risk increasing along with changes in either direction.
Causes of Obesity:
At an individual level, a combination of excessive food energy intake and a lack of physical activity is thought to explain most cases of obesity. A limited number of cases are due primarily to genetics, medical reasons, or psychiatric illness.
Health effect with Obesity
- Heart disease and stroke: People with a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or higher are considered obese. … Being obese puts you at a higher risk for health problems such as heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure, diabetes and more
- High blood pressure.: If a person has excess abdominal fat, high levels of cholesterol in the blood, leads to High blood pressure in the heart valves which lead to heart stroke.
- Cancers. : Obesity leads to 13 types of cancer, including that of the pancreas. Fat cells affect the processes that regulate the growth of cancer cells. obese have a greater risk of developing and dying from several types of cancer including malignancies of the breast, ovary, kidney, pancreas, colon, rectum and bone marrow, a research review confirms.
- Diabetes: A strong family history of diabetes, especially in males may effect with Diabetes before the age of 40. Almost 90% of people living with type 2 diabetes are overweight or have obesity. People who are overweight or have obesity have added pressure on their body’s ability to use insulin to properly control blood sugar levels, and are therefore more likely to develop diabetes.
- Gallbladder disease and gallstones; – If you’re overweight or obese, your risk for gallbladder disease – typically an inflamed or infected gallbladder, with gallstones – is higher. Since gallstones are made of cholesterol, if you have high cholesterol, it can add to your risk of getting gallstones and feeling the discomfort that comes with them
- Breathing problems: sleep apnea where a person stops breathing for short episodes during sleep and asthma.
- Osteoarthritis: Osteoarthritis is also called as degenerative joint disease or degenerative arthritis, it is caused by aging joints, injury, and obesity.
OA symptoms include joint pain and stiffness. Treatment depends on the affected joint, including the hand, wrist, neck, back, knee, and hip, and involves medication and exercise.
- Sexual weakness: Obesity can be physically restrictive and therefore prevent intimacy and sex. obese people are 25 times more likely to report problems in their sex lives, compared with normal-weight people.
In the following video you can find some Natrual remedies to prevent Obesity