Orange and orange Juice health benefits
The orange is the fruit of the citrus species Citrus sinensis. The orange is a hybrid between pomelo (Citrus maxima) and mandarin (Citrus reticulata). The fruit of the orange tree can be eaten fresh, or processed for its juice or fragrant peel.
Nutritional values of Orange per 100g
It is citrus fruits, orange pulp is an excellent source of vitamin C
- Energy in orange are 197 kJ
- Carbohydrates in orange is about 11.75 g in which Sugar constituents about 9.35 g and Dietary fiber about 2.4 g
- Fat in orange is about 0.12g and proteins are about 0.94g
- Vitamins are orange are Vitamin A, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Niacin, Pantothenic acid, Vitamin B6, Folate, Choline, Vitamin C, Vitamin E.(Among all it is excellent source of vitamin C constituents about 64%)
- Minerals in orange are Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc etc.,
- Other constituents like water are about 86.75g
Health benefits with orange are
- Oranges lower risk of developing kidney stones.
- Drinking orange juice is said to bring a radiant glow to your skin and it also hydrates the skin and keep it firm
- Hesperidin and Pectin present in oranges lowers bad cholesterol. It helps the body to slow down the absorption of fats.
- It cleans out and tightens clogged pores and it also prevents wrinkles and fine lines.
- D-linonene, usually found in Orangesfights against various cancers like colon cancer, lung cancer, skin cancer, breast cancer etc.
- Vitamin C protects cells from damage by free radicals.
- Fibers, Hesperidin and folate in Oranges keep your heart healthy
- Folic acid present in Oranges helps in Brain growth development
- It can balance the sugar levels in your blood very effectively.
- Its is rich in anti-inflammatory property which reduces the risks of Rheumatoid Arthritis and also keep you free from inflammation that usually arises from Arthritis.
- Hesperidin and magnesium in oranges help to control blood pressure effectively.
- It helps in releasing digestive enzymes or juices and rich fiber content helps to digest the food effectively.
- Flavonoids and polyphenols in Oranges help you fight viral infections.
- Calcium rich Oranges help you maintain healthy bones and teeth.