Precautions to be taken during pregnancy
Pregnancy, also known as gravidity or gestation, is the time during which one or more offspring develops inside a woman. Childbirth typically occurs around 40 weeks from the last menstrual period (LMP). This is just over nine lunar months,
Signs and symptoms of Pregnancy
- Missing periods
- Tender breasts
- nausea and vomiting
- frequent urination.(Urinary tract infection)
- Pelvic girdle pain
- Braxton Hicks contractions.
Pregnancy is mainly divided into Three trimesters.
First trimesters: The span is from week one to 12, Conception is when the sperm fertilizes the egg. The first trimester carries the highest risk of miscarriage (natural death of embryo or fetus). if you have significant bleeding, cramping, or sharp pain in your abdomen, call your doctor.
Second trimesters: The span is from week 13 to 28. It is also called as “honeymoon period”. More than 90% of babies can survive outside of the uterus under proper medication.
Third trimesters: The third trimester is from 29 weeks to 40 weeks in other words the third trimester lasts from month 7 through month 9 of pregnancy.
Precautions to be taken in during pregnancy.
- Consult doctor immediately after missed period
- Take 2 cups of milk/curd daily
- Eat Leafy vegetables
- Eat seasonal fruits except (Pineapple & papaya)
- Take egg, meat, and dal weekly thrice
- Drink safe water about 8-10 glasses daily
- Do lie flat on your bed, Sleep left-handed side to you bed for a maximum time.
- Take all medication prescribed by the doctor regularly.
- Do mild exercises and walk for some distance.
- Take more rest than normal
- Avoid spicy and sour items
- Avoid fast food, processed food, junk food, and food with heavy sugar.
- Don’t feel stress. If the mother feels stress there may some disorders in the child.
- Reduce saturated food in your diet
- Avoid heavy stressful work
- Be away from persons suffering from an infection.
- Do not take any drug without consulting doctor.
- Avoid journey in this period
- Don’t smoke or consume alcohol.
- Don’t lie flat on your bed
- Avoid using heels
Simple diet during pregnancy.
Breakfast: Oatmeal cereal, banana, 1 slice whole wheat toast, 2 tsp jam, 1 cup skim milk
Snack: 1 cup yogurt, grapes
Lunch: Turkey and cheese sandwich on whole wheat bread, small bag potato chips, pear, and 1 cup skim milk
Snack: Raw veggies and low-calorie dip
Dinner: 4 oz chicken, 1 cup wild rice, 1 cup veggies, 1 cup skim milk
Snack: fresh fruit or low-fat frozen yogurt
Yoga also helps better for women in pregnancy.
There is an amazing benefit with Yoga, especially while in pregnancy because it helps for normal delivery. Practice to walk for 20 to 30 minutes daily but this exceptional for women who are facing Line Placenta. They should not do any exercise. Yoga can be done both by beginners and also women who have experience in Yoga. Asanas based on standing posture and upper body exercises should be done for first 3 months. Yoga can be done up to 9 months.
There the three types of exercises to be done in Yoga while pregnancy. General asanas can be done in the first trimester. In the second trimester gentle exercises, and particularly in the third trimester very gentle exercises to be done.
Precautions to do yoga:
- Avoid completely asanas where stomach facing to the floor.
- Compulsory take a support of Wall or Chair or Pillow etc.,
Asanas to be done
- Asanas based on standing postures like Tadasana, Vrukshasana, Kati Chakrasana, Uthkatasana, Ardha Chandrasana, Virabhadrasana I, and II.
- Asanas based on sitting postures like Swastikasana, Kati Chakrasana, Vakrasana, Baddakonasana, Bharadwajasana.
- Asanas based on standing on Knee, hands posture like Marjalasana, Balasana, Ardha Adomukasana svasasana, Prasaritha Moorjalasana.
- Don’t feel stress or ill while doing yoga because yoga should help you for relaxing of Muscles, Tissues, and ligaments and joints.
- Don’t make stress on the stomach while doing yoga, Asanas you do should be like massage, which give relax to stomach part.
(Take necessary precaution while you do all the above asanas, as it will be different for beginners and experienced, they may be harmful to your body if you don’t take necessary precautions.)
Follow the video, for doing asanas during pregnancy