Salmon Fish recipes for weight loss
Salmon is the common name for several species of ray-finned fish in the family Salmonidae. Salmon are native to tributaries of the North Atlantic (genus Salmo) and Pacific Ocean. Salmon are anadromous: they are born in fresh water, migrate to the ocean, then return to fresh water to reproduce.
There are many varieties of Salmon fish in which five major Pacific salmon varieties,
- King (chinook),
- Sockeye (red),
- Coho (silver),
- Pink (humpback),
- Chum (dog),
Nutrtional values of 1oo per gram of Salmon
Salmon is one of the most nutritious foods on the planet.
- Energy – 208 calories
- Total fat in Salmon are about 13 g in which Saturated fatty acids are 3.1 g and Polyunsaturated fat are 3.9 g and Mono saturated fat are about 3.8 g. Salmon is low in saturated fat and high in omega-3 fatty acids,
- Cholesterol are about 55 mg
- Sodium are about 59 mg
- Potassium are about 363 mg
- Total Carbohydrate – 0 g
- Protein are about 20 g
- Vitamins and minerals in Salmon are Vitamin A, Calcium, Vitamin D, Vitamin B-12, Vitamin C, Iron, Vitamin B-6, Magnesium.
Salmon for weight loss
- Consuming salmon may help you control your weight by reducing appetite, boosting metabolic rate, increasing insulin sensitivity and decreasing belly fat.
Here is one of the best Salmon fish recipe for weight loss.
Baked Salmon With Green Beans and Tomatoes
Take an oven heat the oven and a roasting tray at 260°C and now take a pot of salt water and let it boil. After that Now Blanch 200 grams of green beans until tender in the salted boiling water, and drain. Combine the green beans with 20 small cherry tomatoes in a large bowl. Toss them together with 1 table spoon of extra-olive oil and a pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper. Pat dry Salmon fillets with paper towels after quick wash. Squeeze the juice of 1/2 a lemon on both sides, then season both sides with salt and pepper. Drizzle a tiny bit of olive oil over the top. Put your 2 thick salmon fillet steaks at one end of the preheated roasting tray, and place the green-bean-and-tomato mixture at the other end of the tray. Now finally Roast in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and serve with the remaining 1/2 lemon.