Superfood for eyesight
Eight sights, a Visual acuity. The sharpness of vision is called Visual acuity. Visual acuity is measured by your ability to identify letters or numbers on a standardized eye chart from a specific viewing distance.
Many people suffer from poor eye vision. Distorted vision as well as difficulty in seeing objects which are near or which are at a distance. Our eyes need vitamins A, C as well as omega 3 fatty acids and bioflavonoids, carotenoids, mineral, fatty acids, and antioxidants to stay well and healthy.
Nearsightedness, farsightedness, astigmatism, and presbyopia is common vision problems are mainly because of refractive errors.
There are many types of eye problems and vision disturbances, such as:
- Halos – Halos are bright circles that surround a light source, like headlights.
- Blurred vision – the loss of sharpness of vision and the inability to see fine details)
- Blind spots or scotomas (dark “holes” in the vision in which nothing can be seen)
Vision loss and blindness are the most severe vision problems.
Causes of eye vision problem
- Astigmatism -the cornea is not perfectly shaped to direct light into the eye
- Presbyopia -farsightedness caused by the loss of elasticity of the eye’s lens due to aging.
- Macular degeneration
- Diet problem
- Lack of sleep
- Working on the computer and long time mobile usage.
Symptoms of eye vision problem
- Any sudden change in vision
- Changes in the color of the iris
- Hazy, blurred, or double vision
- Itching, burning, or a heavy discharge in the eyes
- Recurrent pain in or around the eye & Unusual, even painful, sensitivity to light or glare
- Seeing flashes of light or sudden bright floating spots
- Seeing rainbows or halos around lights
- Seeing floating “spider webs”
- Seeing a “curtain coming down” over one eye
- Sensing a “cup filling up with ink” in one eye
- Swollen, red eyes
- Sudden development of persistent floaters
- White areas in the pupil of the eye
Diet to be followed for better eyesight.
- Spinach: Spinach includes nutrients like vitamin A which helps to protect the cornea. Lutein which is found in spinach protects the eyes from ultraviolet light. Zeaxanthin is a chemical compound found in spinach leaves which help one towards visual.
- Salmon: Salmon is one of the best sources of eye-healthy omega-3 fatty acids, which have been shown to reduce the risk of ARMD. Omega-3 fatty acids help to preserve the essential moisture content of the eyes. Nutrients in Salmon protect the retina from damage and prevent blindness
- Carrot: Carrot contains beta carotene which also acts like Vitamin A. So that it helps to maintain clean cornea. Night blindness is also prevented.Such as spinach Lutein is also present in carrot which helps to protect the eye from ultraviolet light.
- Apple: Apples contain a considerable amount of both vitamin A and vitamin C, which help to treat night blindness. They also strengthen eyes and can help to prevent eyesight from worsening.
- Blueberries: Blueberries are rich in anthocyanins which protect and also helps in better vision. It has antioxidant, collagen stabilizing and anti-inflammatory properties.It also has vasoprotective and rhodopsin properties which help in better cellular regeneration. blood vessels in the back of are strengthened which helps in strengthening of weak eyesight.
- Sweet Potatoe: Potatoe is rich in starch. The properties of coldness and starch in potatoes creates an anti-inflammatory effect that reduces swelling of the vessels which are under the eyes to diminish the dark circles. It is rich in vitamin a which helps to prevent cataracts, macular degeneration, and glaucoma.
- Peppers: Pepper is rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, Vitamin B6, beta-carotene, lycopene, lutein, and zeaxanthin. These nutrients ensure that the overall health of the eyes is maintained.
- Walnuts: It is one of the best sources of eye-healthy omega-3 fatty acids, which have been shown to reduce the risk of ARMD. zinc, vitamins and also different antioxidants help to prevent inflammation.
- Avocado: It is rich Lutein, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin B6, Beta-carotene. lutien which prevents the macular degeneration, cataracts, and age-related disease. Stress and damage that lead to poor vision is reduced by the intake of this fruit
- Broccoli: Broccoli is rich in vitamin B2, Lutein and zeaxanthin are antioxidants. Powerful phytochemical antioxidants are essential for one to maintain healthy eyesight that is rich in Broccoli.
Other fruits like Strawberry, Dark chocolate, Leafy and green vegetables, Red wine, Coffee and tea, Black eyed peas also helps to prevent diseases related to eye sight and helps the overall health of the eye as they rich in vitamins, Lutein and Zeaxanthin and antioxidants.
In the following video, you can some more tips to improve eyesight naturally