Super Foods for Kidney Health
The kidneys are two bean-shaped organs found on the left and right sides of the body in vertebrates. Kidneys are the organs that filter waste products from the blood. They are also involved in regulating blood pressure, electrolyte balance and red blood cell production in the body.
Health problems mainly with kidney are kidney failure
Chronic kidney disease: Longstanding disease of the kidneys leading to renal failure.
Acute renal failure : A condition in which the kidneys suddenly can’t filter waste from the blood.
Here are some Super food for kidney health they are
Healthy kidneys remove excess potassium in the urine to help maintain normal levels in the blood.
- Red bell peppers : It is rich in vitamin A, C, B6, folic acid and fiber and it low in potassium. Antioxidants like lycopene are present in Red bell pepper helps in protecting against cancer.
- Cabbage : They are also low in potassium but rich in vitamin K anc C and also high in fiber and vitamin B6, Folic acid.
- Onion : Onions are also low in potassium. Onion are not only kidney friendly they also contain chromium (Chromium which assists body with metabolism of fat and proteins and carbohydrates)
- Apples : They are high in fiber and also rich in anti inflammatory property which reduces cholesterol. Renal friendly apples can be eaten raw or cooked
- Cherries : Cherries have been shown to reduce inflammation when eaten daily. They are also packed with antioxidants and phytochemicals that protect the heart. Eat fresh cherries as a snack or make a cherry sauce to serve with chicken/ fish. Cherry juice is another way to consume this tasty food.
- Fish : Fish provides high-quality protein and contains anti-inflammatory fats called omega-3s. The healthy fats in fish can help fight diseases such as heart disease and cancer. Omega-3s also help lower low-density lipoprotein or LDL cholesterol, which is bad cholesterol, and raise high-density lipoprotein or HDL cholesterol, which is good cholesterol.