Swimming- a best workout for good shape and health
Swimming is the self-propulsion of a person through water. Swimming is a great form of all-round exercise recreation, sport, exercise, or survival. Swimming is primarily a cardiovascular/aerobic exercise
Benefits with swimming:
- Helps in weight loss : Swimming burns approximately 500-750 calories per hour. Burning of calories depends on weight and stroke style. Weight loss Diet along with swimming helps you lose weight.
- Improve mood : Swimming improves mood, An american study involved about 300 swimmers found that swimmers mood like tension, depression, anger and confusion is significantly less after exercise than before.
- Strengthen muscles: As water is thicker than air, because the resistance of the water can be up to 44 times greater than that of air, which means you have to work harder to move through it. It rate that you work hard that increases the strength of the muscles. Especially it strengthens abdominal and shoulder muscles.
- Reduces stress: It reduces the harmful effects of the stress and enhance energy levels. The sound of breathing and the water rushing by helps you focus without feeling distracted. This lowers the risk of depression and stress naturally.
- Good sleep : The nationanal sleep foundation’s poll found that the people who vigorous exercise, such as swimming, are almost twice as likely as non exercises to report, they had a good night sleep every night.
- Cardiovascular health : Improving health for cardiovascular problems, While swimming the water surrounding the body exerts pressure which helps your circulatory system return your blood to your heart. The demand on your heart is reduced by up to 17 beats per minute or 13% compared to someone exercising on land
- Lower impact: About 90% of body’s weight is buoyant when you swim, so your are bearing 10% of your weight. ease of movement and lesser strain on bones and joints, swimming automatically becomes a low-impact exercise.
- Controls blood sugar: Swimming for at least half an hour three or four times a week, combined with eating a balanced low glycemic index (GI) diet, has been shown to control blood sugar level.
- improves the health from chronical illness
- Reduce blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- It is proven to positively impact the mental health of pregnant women and mothers
In the following video you can see front crawl swimming technique.