Swollen ankles and swollen feet is may due to this reason
Swollen ankles and swollen feet are common and usually not cause for concern, particularly may be due to longtime standing or walking a lot. But feet and ankles that stay swollen are accompanied by other symptoms could signal a serious health problem.
Causes for swelling of ankles and feet are due to
- Over weight
- Standing position for long period of time
- Pregnancy or Preeclampsia A condition during pregnancy that causes high BP.
- Travelling for a long period of time
- Medications such as antidepressants, estrogen or blood pressure medications, steroids and NSAIDs.
- Due to infection in leg area
- May be due to clot of blood in legs
- Organ failure like heart, liver or Kidney
- Venous insufficiency
The symptoms of swollen feet and swollen ankles depend on the underlying causes mentioned above.
- Swelling present present in both feet or ankles and usually begins as a soft, puffy skin enlargement in the feet that spreads rapidly to the ankles. This is generally seen in cases like edema, pregnancy, medications.
- when pressed down with a finger on a swollen area it slowly returns to its more puffy state when the finger pressure is removed.
- skin color with this swelling is often normal or slightly pale; indentation marks are slightly darker than the surrounding swollen tissue.
When to consult a doctor
Some signs and symptoms shows that you should consult a doctor immediately like
- Pain and tightness in chest area
- Feeling fainted
- Trouble breathing
- When body temperature increases
- If swelling getting too worsen even after home remedies
- The swollen area is red and feel warm to the touch.
In the following video you can see some home remedies for swelling of ankles and feet